Welcome to the Club Friends!

 Welcome to Kim Kulture Club Musings! I'm so happy that you've decided to join me on this journey. We're going to explore a lot ...

Canning Tomatoes

Harvest season has begun. Today, fresh from the garden, TWENTY pints & ONE 1.5 pint jar of tomatoes. So tired, but so very grateful for the harvest, the ability to do this and my Dad's help.


Can't tell you how happy my grandma would have been to see us working together canning. This time of year always makes me feel like even though she's gone, she's not really that far away.



For way too long I was intimidated by the thought of canning tomatoes. In my head I was thinking you had to pressure can them, but you don't. Not sure why I thought that, but I'm glad I've seen the error of my ways. Canning tomatoes can be time consuming, but it's not difficult at all. And there is nothing quite as good on a cold winter day as being able to grab a jar of tomatoes (that still taste fresh from the garden) and whip up a stew, a soup or some goulash. It makes a difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment