Welcome to the Club Friends!

 Welcome to Kim Kulture Club Musings! I'm so happy that you've decided to join me on this journey. We're going to explore a lot ...

Crocheted Goodness

I have a lot of crafts/arts I enjoy doing, but one thing I've never been able to master is crocheting. I've tried numerous times and failed miserably which is funny if you knew me. (I'm one of those weirdos that counts everything constantly - always have) Fortunately for me, I have an incredibly talented Mom. I would say that she is, easily, the most talented person I know on the face of this earth. She sees things as they could be, not necessarily how they are. (Where most people see a spoon, she sees 100 different ways to make that spoon into something new.) She always has an idea or craft or project on the back burner. 

I love that she can and does make these things. It's no exaggeration when I say I use the dishrags all the time. I have other ones stuffed in the bottom of a drawer that I will dig out and use if I have no other option, but I don't like to. 

There is nothing better than a hand crocheted scarf for those cold, blustery winter days and a fun hat to go with it.

And the ornaments? What a great way to use up odds and ends of yarn.

I have to share something about the ornaments. I knew she was working on them and when she sent me the picture of the wreath, I kid you not, I was transported way back in time at the sight of it. I was 7 or 8 years old maybe, wandering around the Grange Hall in the town I grew up in while my Grandma was visiting with her friends. I was gently touching and oohhing and aahhing at all the amazing homemade crafts and gifts at the Christmas Bazaar. Man how I loved that Christmas Bazaar!! (I can still smell the building if I try really hard) I VERY clearly remember these very ornaments hanging on a small tree on a long folding table and a sweet little old lady sitting there in a folding chair, quietly crocheting more. I cannot see her face though and it's driving me crazy. (Mom couldn't remember either) I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 ladies I think it was, but I just can't remember. All of those sweet souls have moved on but for a few minutes, they were all very much alive in my memories.

I have been so blessed in my life to have known such talented people. It is my hope that by sharing these things, the traditions stay alive. If we've learned nothing this past year, I hope that we've learned how important our time, our gifts, our memories and our experiences are. I am honored to share these special crafts with you and I hope you make them and share them with your own families.

No comments:

Post a Comment